As an Agile Coach, you are responsible for mentoring Agile roles. A common questions you might be asked by Product Owners and Scrum Masters is how they are doing in their new role. Rather than dumping down your opinions on to them which might make them react defensively, you could take the path of self-management and share a self-assessment checklist with them. Of course, you could offer them your time if they need to discuss their assessment, have any questions or need some ideas for further improvement in their journey.
Below is my copy of the PO self-assessment checklist.
Download PO Self-Assessment Checklist
This assessment is broken down into five key responsibility dimensions of PO:
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Develop Product Vision and Strategy
- Create and Maintain Product Backlog
- Maintain positive working relationship with Dev team
- Help Dev team maximize business value delivery
Please review if it makes sense to you, and feel free to enhance it with your experience.
Look forward to hear your thoughts…